Middle School can be a great experience for parents as well. Get to know the Bigelow community better by getting involved in some of the PTO activities.
Volunteering enriches the school community: every bit of effort helps and any amount of time you can contribute to support our children, the school and our community is invaluable! Check out many opportunities HERE. We have immediate need for:
- 8th Grade Activities Committee Chair – Consider co-chairing with another parent. Tasks can be shared among volunteers.
- TEN Tables Co-Chair – Looking for a 6th grade parent. Una Simmons will co-chair and show how easy it is to organize this great event!
- Big Night Chairperson – Consider co-chairing with another parent
These are tried and true Bigelow events that need parental leadership. The PTO has structured ways of running these events and will help you, but we need leaders to be in charge, please consider chairing.
Other important roles needed are:
- Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) Liaison – any parent whose child has an IEP or 504 plan or is otherwise receiving special education services is eligible
- Safe Routes to School Representative – join monthly meetings with Newton Police, DPW, the Mayor’s Office, and School Committee to address obstacles to students walking/biking/taking the bus to school