The Bigelow PTO is a volunteer organization and your help enriches the school environment!
Please consider volunteering to support the purpose/mission of your PTO. There are a myriad opportunities and lots of flexibility – whether you are able to come to an event or send off a few emails during a break in your busy day, every bit of effort helps and any amount of time you can contribute to support our children, the school and ou community is invaluable!
Our needs for the 2019-2020 school year are as follows:
- Nominating committee members (one per feeder school)
6th Grade Potluck Co-Host (September)
- Ten Tables Co-Chair (September-November)
- Big Night Chair (December-March)
- 8th Grade Activities Committee Chair (All year)
- Teacher Appreciation Events: Lunch (February) and Tea (June) Chairs
- PTO-METCO Liaison
- Newton Special Education Parent Advisory Council Liaison
- Safe Routes to School Representative
- Green Team
Other Volunteer opportunities
- Laps at Lunch (a couple of hours a month at lunch time)
Back to School Picnic (September)
- 8th Grade Activities Committee members (All year)
- Ten Tables hosts (November)
- Big Night Committee members (from November to March)
- PoPS (as needed, especially around shows)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to volunteer.