The Bigelow PTO is a volunteer organization and your help enriches the school environment!
Please consider volunteering to support the purpose/mission of your PTO. There are a myriad opportunities and lots of flexibility – whether you are able to come to an event or send off a few emails during a break in your busy day, every bit of effort helps and any amount of time you can contribute to support our children, the school and ou community is invaluable!
Our needs for the 2019-2020 school year are as follows:
- Co-Presidents Elect (in preparation for the 2020/21 school year)
- Nominating committee members (one per feeder school)
- METCO representative
- Newton Special Education Parent Advisory Council Liaison
- Newton Serves
- Directory Management
- Back to School Picnic (September)
- 6th Grade Potluck host (September)
- Ten Tables hosts (November)
- Big Night Committee (from November to March)
- Laps at Lunch (a couple of hours a month at lunch time)
- Bake sales
- Teacher Appreciation Lunch (February) and Tea (June)
Possible new initiatives, in case of interest
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to volunteer.