The Bigelow PoPS are the Parents of Performing Students. This community of dedicated parents was created more than 10 years ago to support the performing arts at Bigelow, through advocacy, fundraising, coordination, and volunteering.
All who have children in Orchestra, Chorus, Band, A Capella, and Drama are welcome and encouraged to participate in the PoPS and support our students and performing arts faculty.
Welcome to the team! We look forward to getting to know you!
- What the PoPS does
- Get to know the current PoPS leadership
- Contact email@example.com for more information
- Visit the Performing Arts websites (run by music and drama teachers): Choirs ; Drama ; Orchestra and Band
Welcome to the 2019/20 school year
This year we welcome two new members to the performing arts team. Ms. Cara Bergantino has joined Bigelow as the full time music/band/orchestra teacher along side Ms. Jamie Alberts. In addition, Mr. Kevin Williams has joined the team as the after school drama leader and will be directing the plays and musicals this year.
The PoPS, in connection with the school, the PTO, and the auditorium improvement committee, will be evaluating the need for ongoing fundraising to benefit the performing arts community at Bigelow. At the moment we are fortunate to have a surplus from fundraising efforts last year and look forward to using them to improve our performing arts community as a whole.
2020 Spring Play
The cast will be small, as the spring play is short- under 40 minutes!- and will travel to the METG drama festival.
- Auditions: March 17, 19 and 20.
- METG drama festival: May 2. Students MUST be available from 6am to 10pm
- Performance at Bigelow: Thursday, April 30, at 7pm.
2019-20 Winter Play
- Informational Meeting: Monday (11/18)right after school
- Dance Workshop: Thursday, 11/21, 3:30-4:30
- Actor Auditions: Tuesday, 12/3, OR Thursday, 12/5, 3:30-6
- Tech Crew Interviews: Tuesday, 12/3, 2-3:30
- 7th/8th grade callbacks: on Friday, Dec 6, 3-6.
More information at the Bigelow Drama Website
2019 Fall Play
“The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane”
adapted by Dwayne Hartford from the book by Kate DiCamillo
Performance dates: November 14, 15, & 16 at 7 pm!
2019-2020 – Concert and Performance Dates
- After School Drama
- November 14, 15, 16 @ 7pm
- March 12, 13 @ 7pm and March 14th @ 2pm and 7pm
- Thursday, April 30th (Festival May 2nd)
- Symphonic and Concert Band
- Wednesday, January 22nd
- Wednesday, May 27th
- Orchestra and Jazz Band
- Tuesday, January 14th
- Monday, June 1st
- Wednesday, January 15th
- Tuesday, June 2nd
- A Cappella
- Thursday, May 28th
2019 Financial Support
In 2019, funds raised by the PoPS helped to support Bigelow performing arts programs, as well as the Bigelow community as a whole, thanks to improvements to the auditorium. Take a look here.
The PoPS are still working with a surplus thanks to auditorium upgrades by NPS. Other performing arts items to be funded will be discussed throughout the school year. See meeting minutes for more details.
Fees for after school activities – Pay HERE
- After School Drama: $100 / year
- All City Choir / All City Band / All City Orchestra: $150 / year
Bigelow Performing Arts websites (run by music and drama teachers)
Newsletter Archives (2019-2020)