If you enjoy standing in the long lines at Staples the day before school starts buying school supplies, then the SchoolKidz program is not for you! But if you like having all your kid’s school supplies conveniently delivered to the school then order you student’s SchoolKidz today. Kits will be available for pick up the week before school starts.
To order please go to www.shopttkits.com and enter account #32972
DEADLINE to ORDER IS THIS FRIDAY JUNE 17th. Unfortunately, NO orders can be taken after this deadline.
The Bigelow School Council has been working with the faculty regarding the safe weight of backpacks. Please click here to see a letter with information on selecting a backpack for your student.
Please Note: All binders have been upgraded to heavy duty. (2) combination locks and a calculator are included in the 6th grade supply kit. If your student needs new locks or a calculator in 7th or 8th grade those can be ordered separately on the website.
The SchoolKidz program:
- Will save you time,
- Make “back-to-school time” less hectic
- Offers competitive pricing
- Avoid those impulse buys and long lines
- And Bigelow Middle School PTO receives a portion of the sales which will help fund programs like the Creative Arts and Sciences.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
It is a tradition at Bigelow for 7th grade parents / guardians (6th grade parents are welcome as well) to chaperone the 8th grade year end dance on June 22. The dance is from 7-10 in the Bigelow Cafeteria.
We have two shifts available (7-8:30 pm and 8:30-10 pm) and need four people per shift. If you are interested in volunteering please sign up here
Honor your student or a Bigelow teacher / staff member and support the library at the same time. A nameplate honoring the student/teacher, and recognizing the donor, will be placed inside a new book. HELP us reach our goal of $500 in donations to support the library. To date we have raised over $350 for new books!!
Click here to find a list of book’s specifically selected for the Bigelow Library. Chose the book(s) you would like to donate and pay by credit card. Your generosity is deeply appreciated.
DONATIONS ARE STILL NEEDED!! Our teachers and staff members do so much for our kids throughout the year. They teach them invaluable skills, instill them with knowledge and a love of learning, and serve as intellectual role models.
So let’s say a proper thank you with a proper English tea — Bigelow-style. This year’s annual staff appreciation tea takes place on Tuesday, June 14 at 2:00 pm.
We are looking for volunteers to provide finger sandwiches, cakes, pastries, crumpets (whatever they are), fruit salad and any other delectables that go well with tea. We also need volunteers to help set up and clean up. Set up is at 12:45 and clean up is at 3:00.
All items may be dropped off the morning of the tea in the teacher’s lunchroom or put in the refrigerator there. Please drop off items no later than 12:30pm. It is most helpful if items are brought in a disposable container.
To donate or volunteer please sign up here.
SOME APPRECIATION FROM THE TEACHERS FOR LAST YEAR’S TEA (Your contribution does make a difference!!)
- Please know how much your effort goes noticed and appreciated when you host our tea party. The lovely touches, such as the flowers and colorful paper products, bring so much joy!
- You outdid yourselves yet again! Thank you so much for the delicious treats – they do make us feel appreciated!
- YOU ARE AMAZING! Thank you so much for always “treating” us so well with such yummy “treats” and beautiful flowers! We appreciate it so much.
- Thank you for the delicious and abundant spread of treats. We are always grateful for your support and consideration.
- Thank you for the tea time desserts and treats. They were lovely and made us fee very appreciated.
- The food was all so delicious! The perfect motivation for the end of the year. Thank you so much for always thinking of us!
- Thank you for remembering us and showing us your appreciation!
- Just a note of thanks for the PTO support for Bigelow teachers. The PTO is such an essential group for the parent community. I appreciate your presence.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact the Teacher Appreciation Chairs, Stacy Schwartz at email@example.com or Magda Duchnowska at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click here to read the June Newsletter.