From Newton Public Schools:
Dear NPS Families,
As this school year draws to a close, we are already planning for the 2022-23 school year. To that end, we have now opened the online bus registration portal for registration. It will be open until Monday, August 8, 2022. You MUST register by August 8th to secure your student’s seat on the bus.
We STRONGLY encourage you to register your student before the end of this school year. We know summers can be busy times for families and we want to make sure we account for all students as we plan our bus capacity and routes.
Below we have shared key details about the bus registration process. We look forward to safely transporting your student(s) next year.
NPS Transportation Department
- Bus pass registration is online ONLY.
- NPS uses MySchoolBucks as its online registration portal.
- You will find the registration link at: www.newton.k12.ma.us/transportation
- You can access registration directly via MySchoolBucks at: www.myschoolbucks.com. You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow these instructions to complete your registration in MySchoolBucks.
- June 1st – August 8th – bus registration portal is open
- August 8th – registration portal will close to allow NPS staff adequate time to review bus registrations and balance routes.
- August 31st – Bus passes are available to print via the Aspen portal.
- To determine your bus fee, please visit this webpage: https://www.newton.k12.ma.us/Page/3318
- You will be able to pay the bus fee in installments over the course of the year using e-check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
- If you need financial assistance, you may apply through the Aspen portal. Please follow these instructions: Financial Waiver Instructions.
- Please note that the School Committee voted to remove all credit card transaction fees for families.
Bus Pass Access
- In late August, you will access your bus pass electronically through Aspen so that it can be printed at home or stored on a smartphone (for secondary students.)
- All students must have a bus pass to ride the bus.