The arrival of the new hybrid model is fast approaching! The hybrid schedule, which includes in-person classes two days per week for students who selected the hybrid model, begins Monday, November 16. Here’s a checklist of steps for you and your child/children to get ready.
Check your learning model in Aspen. These are the cohorts that you selected or your child has been assigned to. They determine your child’s schedule of classes.
All students will remain with their same cluster teachers in the hybrid model and many will continue to be in the same class sections. Some students’ class sections have been changed in order to meet the social distancing requirements in each room for each cohort.
Please make sure your child:
- Has earphones and microphone. We recommend earbuds with a built- in microphone
- Re-charges the laptop battery every night before attending classes.
- Safely carries the laptop, earphones with microphone, and recharging cord to a from school on the days that your child attends in-person classes.
- Grade 8 laptops have been delayed—we will let you know when they are ready for pick-up.
If you have not done so already, pick up your child’s Chromebook at Bigelow on the following dates and times: Monday, November 9, 12-4:30pm or Tuesday, November 10, 8-12noon. More information here.
Each grade has revised and simplified supplies that students need to bring to school initially for in-person classes. Your child should bring the following items to school on their days:
- 2 Two-ply Masks
- Chromebook with headphones/microphone and recharging cord
- 1 Spiral-bound notebook with paper
- Pens and pencils with erasers
- Refillable water bottle (on sale at the School Store for $5)
- Warm clothing for inclement weather. (We will be going outside regularly for mask breaks.)
- Independent reading book
- Grade 8 Math only: whiteboard, whiteboard marker and eraser, and 1 graph paper 8 ½’ x 11” notebook
Watch your google calendar for new meeting zoom sessions links next Thursday and Friday, November 12-13. Teachers will send them to you then. Your google calendar is your primary and only schedule. Because we are on a 6 week cycle, there are no more color-coded templates. You can also check Aspen on a day by day basis to see your daily schedule.
Powerpoint Presentation on Health and Safety Procedures
All students will view a narrated powerpoint presentation by Principal Todd Harrison during advisory on Tuesday, November 10, 8:30am. In it he will share information about the many new health and safety procedures that we are using this year.
For Parents Only: Info on Split-Hybrid Plan
If you missed Principal Todd Harrison’s parent information meeting on the split-hybrid plan on October 26, you should view the powerpoint or the recording of the meeting: