This is a great opportunity to get involved, stay connected with our Bigelow community, get to know teachers, staff and families from other schools! Parents and guardians from all grades may join! We especially welcome incoming 6th grades to participate and learn more about middle school.
Please throw your hat in the ring by Wednesday, May 27th so we can prepare a slate to be voted by all parents on Tuesday, Jun 2, 2020. (Save the date!)
- Co-President (1): Rotating leaders who are accountable for the success of the PTO
- Vice President (1): Work with board and committee chairs to coordinate fundraising activities
- Creative Arts & Sciences (2): Help enrich the curriculum by planning cultural events for the student body
- Back to School Picnic (2): Coordinate the family picnic at Burr Park (September)
- 6th Grade Potluck (2): Host the 6th grade community “getting to know you” event (September)
- Ten Tables (1): Organize our Progressive Dinner fundraiser (October-November)
- Nominating Committee (5): Look for new PTO board and committee members. There are 5 members: the chair and the feeder schools representatives: Mason Rice, Lincoln Eliot, Underwood, Ward
- SEPAC Liaison (1): Work with the volunteer organization of parents of children with disabilities in Newton
- Safe Routes to School Liaison (1): Work with the volunteer organization that encourages walking, biking and taking the bus to school.