As you may know, each year, parents, guardians, and students are able to nominate NPS and
Out of District teachers and staff for a Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC)
Award. A SEPAC Award recognizes exceptional NPS and Out of District teachers, aides,
behavior therapists, psychologists, bus drivers, crossing guards, administrators, and other staff
for the role they played in a student’s special education journey this past academic year.
Interested in nominating an exceptional NPS or Out of District teacher and/or staff member?
The deadline for nominations is Monday, May 22nd. Here’s how the process works:
● Submit a nomination through the nomination form
● All celebratory nominations will be recognized
● In early June, your nominee will receive:
○ A printed SEPAC Award delivered to their home school
○ A note with the kind words you wrote about your nominee
○ A short slideshow of anonymized nominations lifting up the good work taking
place across the district
● Each principal will receive a list of nominees from their school
Do you need to nominate everyone from your student’s team? Please only nominate the
teachers and staff members who you feel have been exceptional!
Questions? Reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for your participation recognizing the exceptional NPS and Out of District
teachers and staff who work so hard to support special education students. Please help us
share this message as widely as possible so the SEPAC Awards can reach all corners of our