The Parents & Caregivers Program is part of The Resilience Project, an innovative community health initiative based out of Newton-Wellesley Hospital. They offer a range of FREE or low-fee educational resources for parents and caregivers with a particular focus on supporting our local communities, including Natick, Needham, Newton, Waltham, Wellesley, and Weston. Philanthropic support has made it possible to expand its reach to include free services for middle and high schools in our catchment areas, and this includes Bigelow.
The Resilience Project’s Parents & Caregivers Program offers parenting workshops, talks, and webinars throughout the year. Their programming includes:
- Building Resilience Series – a free monthly virtual event series co-organized with The Resilience Project’s School Program focusing on different topics related to supporting the emotional wellness and mental health of students
- Parenting Through COVID-19 Webinar Series – free webinars for parents including various topics such as Parenting and Fostering Resilience, Managing Parent Anxiety, Navigating Summer, Parenting Through School Transitions, with more webinars to come
- Parent Talks/Seminars – one-time educational presentations offered by request throughout the year on a variety of topis (e.g., resilience and mental health, anxiety and school avoidance, screens, substance use) to meet the needs of individual schools and/or parent groups
- Raising Resilient Teens Parent Workshop – a seven-week virtual skills-based workshop offered every fall, winter, and spring
- Additional Parent Groups/Workshops including Raising Resilient Kids Parent Workshop – coming soon!