From Newton Public Schools:
The online bus registration portal is now OPEN. It will be open until Saturday, July 31st.
You MUST register by July 31st to secure your student’s seat on the bus. Similar to this year, students will receive bus seat assignments and will be required to have a bus pass in order to ride the bus.
- Registration for a bus pass will be online ONLY (just like this past year.)
- NPS uses MySchoolBucks as its online registration portal.
- You can access registration directly via MySchoolBucks at: www.myschoolbucks.com. You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- You will find additional registration information here: www.newton.k12.ma.us/
- Paper packets WILL NOT be mailed in the summer.
- June 16th – July 31st – bus registration portal is open
- August 1st – registration portal will close to review bus registrations and make seat assignments.
- August 30th – Bus passes are available to print via the Aspen portal.
- To determine your bus fee, please visit this webpage: https://www.newton.k12.ma.us/
- You will be able to pay the bus fee in installments over the course of the year using e-check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
- You may apply for financial assistance via this Google Form
- Please note that the School Committee voted to remove all credit card transaction fees for families.
Bus Pass Access
- In late August, you will access your bus pass electronically through Aspen so that it can be printed at home or stored on a smartphone (for secondary students.)
- Bus passes will include a seat assignment for morning and a seat assignment for afternoon. Please note that these seat assignments may be different for the morning and the afternoon.
- All students must have a bus pass and seat assignment to ride the bus.