I hope you and your children are all staying healthy and finding new routines that keep you busy and allow time to take care of yourself. These difficult times can bring feelings of uncertainty, fear and worry that can be expressed in many ways. Parents can help their children by staying positive and reassuring them that adults are working hard to help things get back to normal.
Here are a few important public health reminders:
- Stay home as much as possible but try to get outside for walks or exercise with people from your household.
- Avoid play dates and group sports activities.
- Encourage kids to connect with their friends by phone, text, video chat, etc.
- Wash your hands and clean high-touch surfaces frequently.
- If someone becomes sick, call their healthcare provider for next steps.
Here are a few links that may be helpful for your family:
- www.newtonma.gov/covid19 is updated regularly with links to the mayor’s updates, financial resource information, mental health resources, hotline numbers and much more.
- Newton Public Schools COVID-19 page www.newton.k12.ma.us with food pickup info, learning resources, how to talk with kids about COVID-19 and much more.
I am working remotely and am very interested in staying in touch. I’m available by email or phone to help you. The best way to contact me is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to talk directly on the phone, we can arrange a time by emailing me at email@example.com with a few times that would work for you and the phone number you want me to call. Please know that when I call, it will come as a blocked phone number. I look forward to connecting with you.
Stay well and stay in touch.
Sue Schy, RN