Our 8th Grade students invite you to join us for “Bigelow Civics Day”. See how our change makers are addressing community issues!
- 1pm – 1:25pm: Welcome and Program Overview
- 1:30pm – 2:45pm: Student Presentations
Focus issues proposed by the students:
- addressing students’ mental health
- restricting underage vaping
- helping the homeless population
- increasing affordable rentals in Newton
- improving nutrition for low-income families
- reducing academic stress
Parents are welcome to arrive and leave at anytime.
The event is part of the Generation Citizen program led by 8th Grade Social Studies Teachers Ms. Singers and Mr. Swan. Generation Citizen is an action civics curriculum in which students identify issues in their community, research the root cause and then advocate for change.