Centre Street Food Pantry is located at 11 Homer St., Newton Centre. Their mission is to provide consistent access to nutritious food to over 350 families per month in a dignified and sensitive environment.
• They serve families from Newton, Brookline, Brighton, Watertown, Waltham,
Needham, Wellesley, & West Roxbury.
• Possible times for volunteering include: Monday mornings (8:00 – 9:30 am);
Various shifts every Tuesday (11:00 am – 8:00 pm); or the 1st Saturdays of the
month (10:00 am – 2:30 pm). Shifts are 2 hours long.
• Tasks include unloading deliveries, stocking shelves, helping clients shop
at the pantry, carrying filled bags to the curb, or cleaning up.
• Volunteers must be at least 12 years old to volunteer and those 12-15 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while at the pantry and during the training.
• A short one-time training is required to volunteer. Go to this webpage to register: https://www.centrestfoodpantry.org/get-involved-2
• For more information, contact Volunteer@centrestfoodpantry.org.