The Bigelow PTO is a volunteer organization and your help enriches the school environment!
Please consider volunteering to support the purpose/mission of your PTO. There are a myriad opportunities and lots of flexibility – whether you are able to come to an event or send off a few emails during a break in your busy day, every bit of effort helps and any amount of time you can contribute to support our children, the school and ou community is invaluable!
Our needs for the 2018-2019 school year are as follows:
- Co-Presidents Elect (in preparation for the 2019/20 school year)
- Nominating committee members (one per feeder school)
- METCO representative
- Newton Special Education Parent Advisory Council Liaison
- Newton Serves
- Directory Management
- Back to School Picnic (September 12, 2018)
- 6th Grade Potluck host (September 2018)
- Ten Tables hosts (November 3, 2018)
- Big Night Committee (from November 2018 to March 2019)
- Laps at Lunch (a couple of hours a month at lunch time)
- Bake sales
- Teacher appreciation lunch (February) and Tea (June)
Possible new initiatives, in case of interest
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to volunteer.