Every summer all Bigelow students and staff read the same book as part of Bigelow’s One School, One Book Program. In the fall students discuss the book in their community blocks.
The goal of the program is to create a more inclusive community through participation in a common reading experience of a book that reflects a central theme incorporating Bigelow’s core values.
Parents are encouraged to read and discuss the book with their child and can refer to the Bigelow Library’s One School, One Book page for support materials and summer reading assignments.
Thank you to all Bigelow families for your support of the PTO. It is through your support that we are able to underwrite special programs like this for our children.
Count Me In
by Varsha Bajaj
Go to the One School, One Book page, on the Bigelow Library website, to learn more about the book and the program.
- 2022 – From the Desk of Zoe Washington by Janae Marks
- 2020 – New Kid by Jerry Craft
- 2019 – Refugee, by Alan Gratz
- 2018 – Full Cicada Moon, by Marilyn Hilton
- 2017 – The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind, by William Kamkwamba
- 2016 – The Seventh Most Important Thing, by Shelley Pearsall
- 2015 – Losing It, by Erin Fry
- 2014 – Schooled, by Gordon Korman
- 2013 – Flipped, by Wendelin Van Draanen