Experience and enjoy the flavors, music, stories, crafts, fashion, and games of Indian culture at the Newton Cultural Center, 225 Nevada Street, Newtonville on Saturday, Nov.10th, 10am – 5pm.
There is something for everyone to enjoy and try at the Indian Festival:
- cricket demonstration by David Carey, the cricket teacher at The Fessenden School,
- free Divali-themed arts & crafts for children of all ages,
- carrom board games to try out,
- a book signing by local Indian writers,
- delicious Indian food,
- a fashion show showcasing the regional costumes of India and
- exciting music and dance performances featuring dances by Thillai Fine Arts Academy and the Triveni School of Dance; music by Shuchita Rao & Rajesh Pai, the Anubhava School of Music, Ram Naidu & KVS Vinay, Phil Kaplan and Jon Proudman; and more dances by the Upasana School and Aangikam Dance Academy.
- The Festival ends with a lively Bollywood dance by Bal Vihar of Newton, and community Garba and Bhangra dances.
For more information, visit the Newton Community Pride website or call 617-527-8283.