Thanks to the generous support of our community, last year Newton Schools Foundation, (NSF) provided $155,000 to support the 12,000+ students in the Newton Public Schools.
NSF advances excellence and equity in NPS by funding promising initiatives, professional
development, and programs that close gaps in achievement and opportunity, including:
- The Calculus Project, a program aimed at closing the achievement gap by helping low-
income students and students of color reach higher levels in math through tutoring,
summer programs, and field trips.
- Generation Citizen, a middle school civics education program to empower young
people to become engaged and effective citizens.
- Responsive Classroom, an elementary and middle school teacher-training program
that emphasizes social, emotional, and academic growth in a strong and safe school
- The DaVinci Program, a unique multi-disciplinary high school curriculum that examines life’s big questions through science, technology, engineering, arts and math.
- Instrumental Music Enrichment Program, 5th grade students at several elementary
schools that have a higher proportion of low-income students receive small-group music lessons from professional musicians during band/orchestra.
- Race and Achievement Working Groups, an ongoing district initiative which includes
teacher training, outreach to parents, and student learning.
As we enter the holiday season, please consider making a tax-deductible donation to NSF. Make a gift here: http://newtonschoolsfoundation.org/annual-appeal
Your gift ensures that our students and faculty continue to benefit from these critical programs. Thank you!
–Newton Schools Foundation Board of Directors