Presented by the Newton North PTSO:
“Raising a Resilient Teen: Can your teen bounce back?”
- What is resilience and how does it help teens manage adversity, develop adaptive coping strategies, and reach their full potential?
- What practical strategies can parents/guardians use to cultivate resilience in their teenagers (and themselves!)?
- How does resilience apply to the most ambitious and the most vulnerable teenagers?
- How can a focus on resilience guide our handling of social media, drugs and alcohol, college applications, and other challenges?
- What is the role of school and community resources in supporting teens and helping them feel empowered?
When: Wednesday, October 1, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Where: Newton North High School Auditorium
Who: Susan Swick, M.D., M.P.H.
Chief of child and adolescent psychiatry
Newton Public School parent