The New England Mobile Book Fair has been a mecca for children’s books for over 60 years. The owners and staff are firm believers in children’s literacy and work closely with schools and libraries to get books into the hands of children all over New England. They also think that it is important to be able to write about books and how they broaden one’s world view.
In 2014 the Book Fair established an essay contest open to all 6th graders in the public schools of Newton. This year they are inviting all of the 6th graders from the Needham Public School system to participate as well.
- Subject: What book or character from a book has influenced you and why.
- Who is eligible: Any 6th grade student in either Newton or Needham public schools
- Contest period: From April 9th until the close of business (6:00 pm) on May 9th
- Essay Length: at least 200 and no more than 250 words; essays must be received by the book fair by the end of business Saturday, May 9th. Essays must be typed and double spaced. No hand written essays will be accepted. Essays may be submitted by mail to: New England Mobile Book Fair, 82-84 Needham Street, Newton Highlands, MA 02461 or via email to: email@example.com
- Prizes: The winner will receive a $25.00 Book Fair gift certificate. Two runners up will each receive a $10.00 Book Fair gift certificate.
By submitting an essay, entrants agree to have their essay posted on New England Mobile
Book Fair’s website and Facebook page. With consent by the entrant and his or her legal
guardian(s), their name will accompany the posted essay. The winner of the contest will be
decided by the staff of the New England Mobile Book Fair and announced no later than May 30th.
Contest Rules and Details are also available on the website, nebookfair.com. You may also call 617-964-7440. Ask for the children’s department.