- Zumba Party and Fundraiser with and 80’s Theme:
April 10th from 6-8pm
Join for an evening of ZUMBA, dance, laughs and fun all for a great cause. Bring a friend or make it a family night out. All proceeds will benefit the Annual Campaign, which allow the Y to provide financial assistance to our neighbors in need.
$25.00 for ages 15 & up
$15.00 for ages 14 & under
Visit www.westsuburbanymca.org and register today. For more information, contact Jane Carroll at 617-244-6050 x3007.
- Late Spring Class Registration Opens March 30th:
Registration for the West Suburban YMCA’s Late Spring session opens during the week of March 30th. The Y offers programs for all ages and interests beginning on April 27th: creative arts, swim lessons, sports leagues including soccer and tee ball, summer camps, group fitness classes, toddler programs, and more.
Visit the “Programs” page at www.westsuburbanymca.org to download a copy of the Late Spring Session flyer. For more information, stop by the Y or call at 617-244-6050.
- Center for Creative Arts (YCCA) Announces Open Auditions for Summer Sessions:
Summer Sessions is an audition-based summer music program held at the West Suburban YMCA for young musicians. Led by YCCA staff, Kevin O’Connell and Jesse Trepiak, the four two-week sessions alternate between Songwriting & Recording and Music Video Production. Participants will build and improve upon the creative skills of songwriting, filming, audio engineering, video editing, production, and instrumental or vocal performance while creating a complete industry-relevant piece – an EP or music video.Summer Sessions will offer enrolled students the opportunity to form advanced skills that mold young musicians into experienced, successful artists. These projects foster abilities and work ethic that are not exclusive to the music industry, but can be applied to so many other careers and educational experiences.
Session 1: June 29-July 10 – Songwriting & Recording
Session 2: July 13-July 24 – Music Video Production
Session 3: July 27-August 7 – Songwriting & Recording
Session 4: August 10-August 21 – Music Video Production
OPEN AUDITIONS: To book your audition time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
April 6 from 3-6pm at Newton North High School
April 15 from 3-7pm at the West Suburban YMCA
April 18 from 3-6pm at Newton South High School
- Family Membership Special: Join the West Suburban YMCA with a family membership before April 24th and Receive Your First Month of Membership for Free!When you join the Y, you join a community organization where parents find a safe and nurturing environment for their children to stay active, be engages and learn positive values; where families come together to have fun and spend quality time with each other and connect with friends; where people from all backgrounds and walks of life come together and know they are accepted. Stop by the Y before April 24th and sign up for a family membership. For more information, call Cara Murphy at 617-244-6050 x3035, or email email@example.com.
- The West Suburban YMCA is hosting a Solar Workshop by Newton Solar Challenge on April 12th at 4:00 pm. The workshop will help answer questions about going solar in Newton, such as:
· Will solar work on my home?
· How will it look?
· Can solar reduce my utility bill?
· What is a “solar loan” and how can it help me?
Children are invited to participate in an environmental education program during the workshop. For more information, visit NewtonSolarChallenge.com.