Nahanton Park Nature Center’s is havings its Annual Scarecrow Walk
October 21-23, Friday Preview 2-5pM, Sat & Sun 11am-4pm
Come join us for a day of family fun
Nature Inspired Crafts and Activities
If you would like to participate in the Scarecrow Competition please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Scarecrow Walk
1. Please make the Scarecrow free standing if possible- we do have spots where we can lean scarecrows against trees and such if necessary.
2. Make it able to withstand the elements as much as possible- so no newspaper stuffing please- if you need to stuff it use leaves or hay if possible.
3. Theme scarecrows are great! Please tell us your scarecrow’s name prior to the event for the sponsor cards.
4. Please drop off the Scarecrow by Thursday Oct. 20th and pick up by Wednesday Oct. 26 (if this is not possible email us and we will send someone to get it!)
5. Finally, we have a scavenger hunt for kids on that day so if you could send me a good question about the scarecrow it can be included in the scavenger hunt!
6. Additionally, we are taking a few scarecrows over to the Highlands Haunted House on Oct. 30 to decorate outside. If you want your scarecrow to also be displayed there, please let us know. You will have to pick up the scarecrow immediately after the event.